The Motorola Droid Razr is one of the new android phones in the market, unfortunately it has a lock bootloader so we cannot change kernels or radios until someone cracks it. But do not worry because we can still ROOT our Motorola Droid Razr so that we will be able to use apps that require superuser permissions (Ti Backup, Root Explorer, Etc). We will be able to remove bloat. We will even be able to load custom ROMs.
Now to fully maximize the capability of the phone you need to ROOT it, luckily Android Authority found a way on how to do it in the easiest way.
- Motorola Droid Razr
- USB Data Cable
- Computer (windows)
- First, download and install this Motorola driver into your computer.
- Download DooMLoRD_v2_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su.zip
- Next, extract it to a new folder via winzip/winrar.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Motorola Droid Razr, on your homescreen tap menu> settings> application> development > then USB Debugging.
- Connect your Motorola Droid Razr to your computer via its USB data cable, select Charge Only option from notifications drawer.
- Next open the new folder with the extracted files, find and double- click the runme.bat to run the program.
- Lastly, follow the instructions and wait for it to finish.
- That’s it, your Motorola Droid Razr is finally Rooted!