If your planning to buy the quad-core HTC One X once its launched, then the very first thing you’re eager to do is to root it to unleashed its power. Thanks to PaulOBrien of Modaco Forum who made this possible. This root is only temporary so when you reboot your phone it will be unrooted again and you should do the process again if you want to go back to rooted state.
Just follow the simple steps below to root your device.
- Make sure that your device battery is charge at least 60%
- Backup your device data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- HTC One X
- USB Data Cable
- First, download the r1-endeavor-superboot.zip on your computer.
- Then, extract the zip file to a new folder using Winzip/Winrar. You should see 12 files like the picture below.
- Next, turn off your phone.
- Go to bootloader: Press and hold the Volume down + Power button, leave the volume down when you see the bootloader screen.
- Connect your phone to the computer using your USB Data Cable.
- Choose the rooting procedure below depending on your computer.
- Windows OS: run this file install-superboot-windows.bat
- Linux OS: run the terminal and address it to folder where you have got those 12 files. Then run this command chmod +x install-superboot-linux.sh. And then run this command ./install-superboot-linux.sh
- Mac OS: run the terminal and address it to folder where you have got those 12 files. Then run this command chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh and then again, run this command ./install-superboot-mac.sh
- Your phone will reboot automatically.
- Open the app drawer and look for the SUPERUSER app, if you see it your phone is finally rooted.