Motorola Android phones are some of the toughest devices to root. Most of time, the rooting methods for such devices are complicated and hard for newbies to follow. Tutorials such as one-click procedures are sought-after especially if there are ADB commands involved in the process.
However, if you own a Motorola Droid X, you will be happy to know that you can still root your device without breaking a sweat. Some developers from RootzWiki have come up with a special procedure that achieves the same as the one-click process that you are familiar with. Known as the One-Click root tool, it will help Droid X owners root their devices with ease. This tool uses the Droid 3 exploit and is also known to work on other Droid devices such as the Droid 3, Droid X2, Cliq, and Cliq 2.
You are going to need the following:
- Motorola Droid X running Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- Motorola USB drivers for Windows (Get the 32-bit version here and the 64-bit version here)
- Droid 3 easy root script version 7 (Download it from here)
- Begin by downloading and installing the Motorola USB drivers to your computer. The drivers are necessary for your computer to be able to recognize your handset as a Motorola device.
- Download and save the Droid 3 easy root script files to your computer. Extract the contents of the file to your computer. You can use unzipping software such as WinZip or 7zip. Place the extracted files inside one folder, but do not rename or modify any of the extracted files.
- Turn on USB debugging on your phone. To do that, go to Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging and make sure there’s a check mark beside “USB debugging.”
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable. When the phone asks you for a connection type, select Charge Only mode.
- Open the folder where you extracted the rooting files.
- Launch the “Click to root your Droid 3.bat” file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Reboot your phone to unlock your device.
Congratulations! You have successfully rooted your Droid X using the One-click procedure. Enjoy the many benefits of having a rooted Android device.