You can now root your quad core tablet ASUS Transformer Prime with the Nachoroot tool developed by TeamIRC. This requires users to use command lines in order to obtain root. With rooted device you can now install root only apps like Titanium Backup, Root Explorer, ROM Manager etc. Just follow the steps below carefully and you will have a rooted ASUS Transformer Prime in no time.
- Make sure that your device battery is charge atleast 60%
- Backup your phone data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- ASUS Transformer Prime
- USB Data Cable
- First, download and install ADB (Android Debug Bridge) toyour computer, Go to Android Developers see the instructions.
- Then, download this files below.
- Next,Connect your device to the computer using the USB Data Cable.
- Now open the command prompt and navigate to ADB directory on your PC and type in the following commands.
adb push nachoroot.bin /data/local/
adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/nachoroot.bin
adb shell /data/local/nachoroot.bin –stage1
- Your device will reboot, after rebooting type in the following commands.adb shell /data/local/nachoroot.bin –stage2
- Again your device will reboot, after rebooting type in the following commands.adb shell id
Note: if id is 0 / root then continue, if not repeat step 4-6
- Now, type in the last commands.adb remount
adb push su /system/xbin/su
adb shell chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su
adb shell chmod 06755 /system/xbi/su
adb shell /data/local/nachoroot.bin –undo
- Your device will reboot for the last time.
- To completely root your device download and install SuperUser apps from the Market.
Congratulations you finally rooted your ASUS Transformer Prime, you can now install root only apps like Titanium backup, Terminal emulator, ROM
Manager, root explorer etc.
XDA Developers Forum