How to Install XXKH3 on Samsung Galaxy S2 (SII) i9100
Want to try the Official Gingerbread ROM of Samsung? then try this Firmware update from Samsung. This ROM is fully stable and you don’t have to worry about any bugs like when you are installing some custom ROMs.
If you want to update your phone, just follow the simple steps below.
- Make sure that your phone battery is charge at least 60%
- Backup your phone data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100
- USB Data Cable
- Computer with Samsung Drivers Installed 32 bit (x86) Windows | 64-bit (x64) Windows
- First, download the Android 2.3.4 Firmware – XXKH3 on your computer. [Password: samfirmware.com]
- Then, extract it to a new folder using Winzip/Winrar. You should see the following files:
- EFS_I9100XXKH3_CL479037_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5 [This file is of no use in this guide]
- GT-I9100-CSC-HOME-MULTI-OXAKH3.tar.md5 [This file is of no use in this guide]
- KERNEL_I9100XXKH3_CL479037_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5 [This file is of no use in this guide]
- Next, download the Odin v1.85 (Just extract Odin folder and keep the odin3.ini file in it)
- Turn off your phone.
- Go to download mode: press and hold these keys together:Volume Down + Home + Power. You’ll see a ‘Warning!‘ screen.. press Volume Up to continue.
- On your computer double-click the Odin v1.85.exe to run the program.
- Connect your phone to the computer using your USB Data Cable.
- The Odin program will recognize your phone and you will see that the ID : COM section will turn yellow, which will mean that all the drivers have been successfully installed.Now, in Odin, select these files at respective tabs:
- Click the PDA Tab, and select CODE_I9100XXKH3_CL479037_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5
- Click the Phone Tab, and select MODEM_I9100XXKH3_REV_02_CL1050544.tar.md5
- Click the CSC Tab, and select GT-I9100-CSC-MULTI-OXAKH3.tar.md5
- Click the PIT Tab, and select u1_02_20110310_emmc_EXT4.pit
- Make sure to select the Re-Partition, Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check box in the options.
- Then, click the START button. Now it will begin to update your device.
- When finished, your device should restart by itself. Restart it manually if it doesn’t.
- Wait for the Samsung logo then you can now safely remove your phone to the computer.
- If you have successfully updated your phone Firmware your ODIN program should look like this.
Congratulations, you have successfully updated your phone. enjoy!