How to install Modaco ROM on Kindle Fire
Want to improve your Kindle Fire with Custom ROM’s but you still want to retain the stock Kindle Fire UI? Then MoDaCo Custom ROM is the one you’re looking for, thanks to PaulOBrien of Android MoDaCo you can now experience Google services like Android Market in your kindle fire and much more.
Just follow the simple steps below.
- Make sure that your phone battery is charge at least 60%
- Backup your phone data into your computer.
- Kindle Fire (rooted and installed TWRP recovery)
- USB Data Cable
- First, download this MoDaCo ROM zip file to your computer.
- Then, connect your Kindle Fire to the computer using your USB Data Cable.
- Next, copy the downloaded zip file to the root directory of your Kindle Fire SD card.
- Disconnect your device on the computer and turn it off.
- Go to TWRP recovery by pressing the power button many times until the light turns yellow to red.
- Once your in TWRP recovery select backup> backup now.(This will make a full backup of your existing ROM, and save it to the SD card. You can restore from this backup, if something gets messed up with the installation.)
- Go back to the main menu and select Install> Gr6-update-modacocustomrom-kindlefire.zip> Flash.
- Again go back to main menu then select reboot> system.
Congratulations, you have successfully updated your kindle Fire to MoDaCo ROM.