How to Install Miui v4 on your HTC Desire
We’ve already seen Miui v4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) ported over to the Google Nexus One, so it’s no surprise that it has not made it’s way over to it’s brother device the HTC Desire. The Google Nexus One and HTC Desire are identical in specs, and the Nexus One is a HTC device.
Miui v4 is a fully working ROM, but it is still in beta so remember there may be some bugs, feel free to report them to Miui and not Android Authority since we are not the developers of this ROM.
Disclaimer: Android Authority is not responsible for any damage to your device while flashing this ROM.
- 4-Way Reboot MOD (thanks to roenano)
- Spare Parts MOD (including nowhere near as much as previously, for now)
- Mms user-agent and profile modified for better multimedia messaging
- Using ICS 4.0.3 CM9, b0.2.5 as a base (thanks to dk_zero-cool)
- Camera partially working (a bit unstable, panorama force closes) (thanks to rapmv78)
- Hardware Acceleration hack (thanks to rapmv78, rmcc)
- RAM Optimisation script (thanks to Juwe11)
- Security modified so that superuser and permissions management works properly
- Custom hosts file for blocking ad servers
- CM7 APN’s for better network connectivity
- Custom installer script (See here for an explanation)
- Customisable A2SD script (options in “Control” > A2SD Settings). Note that your phone will reboot TWICE automatically after you change your settings, in order to fix permissions and avoid issues.
- Better GPS settings for Australian users.
- OTA updates (Thanks to XJ & MIUI.us)
- Automatically adjusts installation for any HBOOT (All HBOOT other than Stock, Sense, or Data++ cannot perform data wipe without reflashing rom due to system partition size limitations)
- Modified ramdisk to support native USB mounting as well as other small fixes
- Modified framework to support USB mounting, network connection, signal display, and various other minor fixes
- Torch from gingerbread build included
- FM Radio included but currently not functioning, will force close if you try
- Included Trackpad2Wake (thanks to samuaz)
- AppWidgetPicker for non-MIUI launchers (thanks to Boombuler)
- Calendar Sync fixed
- Gmail with 3rd party app notification support
- QQPlayer 1.2.233 MOD (thanks to QQ)
- Camera can be unstable, and choosing panorama will force close
- FM Radio not functioning
- Probably more
- Will install on any HBOOT, provided you have an sd-ext partition set up as the second partition on your card. Only stock HBOOT can function without it.
- Only stock HBOOT, Data++ and Sense can perform data wipe without rom reinstallation, due to system files needing to be moved for other HBOOT’s.
- Installing/Flashing this ROM will erase your apps and data. So, it’s very important you back them up, before proceeding further. To backup your apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. Restore APN settings if Internet isn’t working for you. You can refer to this excellent Android Backup Guide to back up all your data and settings.
- Make sure you have at least a 50% battery charge on your HTC Desire
- You must have an sd-ext partition on your Desire. You can refer to this how-to guideto set up an sd-ext partition on your device
- Download the MIUI ICS Beta Rom file from HERE . Filename: MIUI-v4-ICS-Desire-2.1.13.zip | Size: 114 MB
- Transfer the downloaded zip fie to the root of your external microSD card on the HTC Desire
- Switch off your phone, and reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery (Hold Volume Down and the Power button, then use Volume Down to highlight “bootloader” and press the Power button to select it. Once in the bootloader, use Volume Down to select “recovery” and press the Power button to select)
- Perform a Backup of your existing ROM, so that you can always restore it from recovery if something does not work out with this ROM. To perform a backup, select Backup andRestore –> On the next screen, Select Backup again.
- Perform a full Wipe.
- Wipe data / factory reset –> Confirm Wipe data/Factory reset on the next screen
- Wipe Cache Partition –> Confirm Wipe cache partition on the next screen
- From the main menu, select Advanced, and then Wipe Dalvik Cache–>Confirm Wipe Dalvik on the next screen
- Now scroll to “Install zip from sdcard” and select it.
- Select “Choose zip from sdcard”. Scroll to the file you transferred in Step 2 and select it.
- Now confirm installation by selecting “Yes — Install MIUI-v4-ICS-Desire-2.1.13.zip”. The ROM will start installing.
- After the installation is complete, select “go back” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot your phone.
- Congratulations!! You now have MIUI-AU ICS on your HTC Desire