We’ve already seen Miui v4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) ported over to the Google Nexus One, so it’s no surprise that it has not made it’s way over to it’s brother device the HTC Desire. The Google Nexus One and HTC Desire are identical in specs, and the Nexus One is a HTC device.
Miui v4 is a fully working ROM, but it is still in beta so remember there may be some bugs, feel free to report them to Miui and not Android Authority since we are not the developers of this ROM.
Disclaimer: Android Authority is not responsible for any damage to your device while flashing this ROM.
- 4-Way Reboot MOD (thanks to roenano)
- Spare Parts MOD (including nowhere near as much as previously, for now)
- Mms user-agent and profile modified for better multimedia messaging
- Using ICS 4.0.3 CM9, b0.2.5 as a base (thanks to dk_zero-cool)
- Camera partially working (a bit unstable, panorama force closes) (thanks to rapmv78)
- Hardware Acceleration hack (thanks to rapmv78, rmcc)
- RAM Optimisation script (thanks to Juwe11)
- Security modified so that superuser and permissions management works properly
- Custom hosts file for blocking ad servers
- CM7 APN’s for better network connectivity
- Custom installer script (See here for an explanation)
- Customisable A2SD script (options in “Control” > A2SD Settings). Note that your phone will reboot TWICE automatically after you change your settings, in order to fix permissions and avoid issues.
- Better GPS settings for Australian users.
- OTA updates (Thanks to XJ & MIUI.us)
- Automatically adjusts installation for any HBOOT (All HBOOT other than Stock, Sense, or Data++ cannot perform data wipe without reflashing rom due to system partition size limitations)
- Modified ramdisk to support native USB mounting as well as other small fixes
- Modified framework to support USB mounting, network connection, signal display, and various other minor fixes
- Torch from gingerbread build included
- FM Radio included but currently not functioning, will force close if you try
- Included Trackpad2Wake (thanks to samuaz)
- AppWidgetPicker for non-MIUI launchers (thanks to Boombuler)
- Calendar Sync fixed
- Gmail with 3rd party app notification support
- QQPlayer 1.2.233 MOD (thanks to QQ)
- Camera can be unstable, and choosing panorama will force close
- FM Radio not functioning
- Probably more
- Will install on any HBOOT, provided you have an sd-ext partition set up as the second partition on your card. Only stock HBOOT can function without it.
- Only stock HBOOT, Data++ and Sense can perform data wipe without rom reinstallation, due to system files needing to be moved for other HBOOT’s.