This is the second part of a guide of getting ICS on your Xoom, there first section here gives direction on how to unlock and root your Xoom. So yesterday I posted a video of ICS running on my Xoom, and a quick overview of it in action. Here I am going to explain how to install ICS on your Xoom.
So now that you are unlocked and rooted:
1) First Download the following files and place them on your sdcard
Pure AOSP - http://www.mediafire.com/?t7uo5tu796rhcx5
Google Apps - http://www.mediafire.com/?1l4ravroiwt4ybw
2) Then you must install the latest version of ClockworkMod on your Xoom, you can get it from the market here.
3) Once installed open ClockworkMod on your Xoom and under RECOVERY select “Flash ClockworkMod Recovery”
4) Next select “Reboot into Recovery” also under RECOVERY
5) It is recommended to create a Nandroid backup under “backup and restore”
6) Now select “wipe date/factory reset”, your Xoom will be reset to factory setting, meaning you will lose all personal data that was on your Xoom
7) Now goto “install zip from sdcard” then “choose zip from sdcard”
8) Now select “full_wingray-ota-eng.root-cwm.zip” and select install
9) Now the ROM is installed, next select the file “gapps-ics-20111125-2.zip” and select install
10) Reboot, and you should have successfully installed ICS on your Xoom along with google apps!
Last, this is an early ROM with some of the features not fully functional, I will try to keep updated install files down below in the comment section as they are released. Thanks again to Razerbladex401 in the XDA forum’s for this ROM.
Like this post? Share it!
It won’t boot. Just says “Android” I left it goig for about 15 minutes now.
If you can get into recovery try doing the process again. To get into recovery from powerup Hold Down vol up, and the power button at the same time till it gets into recovery, then try reflashing the rom. Try just doing the rom first and see if itboots up, then if it works flash gapps
I got it to work. Pretty sweet ! Now my Xoom matches my Galaxy Nexus ! The only problem I’ve encountered so far is the camera doesn’t work. I will wait for an update for that.
Good to hear, looking forward to future updates myself!
I was with the same problem, but i allways check this site before i ask something on forums.
I was trying to install this new application that lots of people are talking about for android to make some money…and i found my answer here http://www.androidallabout.com
But I don’t spam the forums.