How to Install Clockwork Mod Recovery on Motorola Droid X
If you want to upgrade your Motorola Droid X with the custom ROMs that’s getting leaked with Ice Cream Sandwich, you’ve come to the right place. This guide will teach you how you can install Clockwork Mod Recovery on your device. If you do not have this on your phone, you won’t be able to install the custom ROM in it.
Disclaimer: You will need to root your Motorola Droid X before you install Clockwork Mod Recovery on your phone. If you haven’t done so yet, click on the link to get the steps on rooting your Droid X. After rooting your device, the warranty will be void. Please follow instructions carefully. We have made sure to provide information regarding firmware update. AndroidAuthority should not be held responsible for any damages while updating your phone.
How to Install Clockwork Mod Recovery on Your Motorola Droid X
- If you haven’t already, root your Motorola X by following on this link.
- Download the file for Droid X Recovery Bootstrap APK on your computer.
- Connect your device to your computer. Copy the APK file to your phone. The Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap can also be copied to the same adb folder (/platform-tools folder found in your Android SDK folder).
- If you chose to copy the APK file directly on your smartphone, disconnect it from your computer. Open the app and follow the on screen instructions so you can install Clockwork Mod Recovery.
- Meanwhile, if you copied the file through ADB, you will need to open a terminal window on your computer so you can enter this command: adb push bootstrap-220.127.116.11-droid2.apk /system/app/.
You have just installed Clockwork Mod Recovery on your Droid X successfully. If by any means, you were unsuccessful with this, you should check if your phone has been rooted properly. Installing Clockwork Mod Recovery will only be successful on rooted Droid X phones.