Aside from being a multimedia superphone, the HTC Sensation is undoubtedly one of the hippest smartphones this year. We know for a fact that it is loaded with exceptional features including a blazing-fast dual-core processor.
If you are looking for a custom ROM that can actually boost your Sensation’s dual-core processor to improve user experience, then Android Revolution HD may be the right one for you. It is the most popular and widely praised ROM for the HTC Sensation and can surely bring more awesomeness to your device.
Android Revolution HD unleashes your HTC Sensation’s complete dual-core power, which results in amazing benefits such as super-smooth processor performance and increased speed.
The ROM overclocks the HTC Sensation to a scorching 1.83 GHz clock speed. Not only that, the ROM is also based on HTC’s official build of Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread that features the elite HTC Sense 3.0 user interface.
This guide shows you how to install Android Revolution HD ROM to your HTC Sensation.
Disclaimer: Before you attempt to do this hack, please make sure you have sufficient experience with rooting, hacking or flashing. Android Authority disclaims all liability for any harm that may befall your device, including, but not limited to, bricked phones, voided manufacturer warranties, exploding batteries, etc.
What You Need
- HTC Sensation with S-OFF and ClockworkMod Recovery installed. If you have not yet rooted your HTC Sensation and not yet installed ClockworkMod Recovery on it, follow this guide on how to.
- Android Revolution HD
- SuperWipe. You will need this to wipe out data, such as an existing custom ROM already installed on your device or an older version of Android Revolution HD.
What To Do
- Download the latest version of Android Revolution HD from the link provided above and save it in a folder on your desktop.
- (Optional) If you have another custom ROM or an older version of Android Revolution on your handset, download SuperWipe from the link provided above and save it in a folder on your desktop.
- Connect your HTC Sensation to the computer via USB.
- Copy the downloaded files from your computer’s desktop to the root of your SD card.
- Once done, you can disconnect your device from the computer and reboot it to ClockworkMod Recovery. Reboot the handset by turning it off first and then turning it back on by pressing and holding the Volume Down button then the Power button.
- From the ClockworkMod Recovery menu, select “Choose zip from SDcard” option. Then, find and select SuperWipe. The SuperWipe application will be flashed to your phone, and in the process, data from your previous custom ROM will also be erased.
- Flash the Android Revolution HD ROM. Select “Choose zip from SDcard” option, then find and select Android Revolution HD. The ROM will be flashed to your HTC Sensation.
- Reboot your device.
Android Revolution HD is now on your device. Enjoy the power boost provided by this custom ROM.