How To Install Android 4.0 ICS AOSP ROM on Motorola Defy
If you’re tired from the constant search for information on how you can update your Motorola Defy’s Ice Cream Sandwich firmware, then you can now breathe a sigh of relief because below is a short step by step instruction on how to install Android 4.0 ICS AOSP ROM for your Motorola Defy.
The latest Ice Cream Sandwich is now made available for Motorola Defy and while it still needs a lot of improvement and bugs to fix, a lot of people are still excited to install it and run it on their devices. Since basic operations such as the boot menu, touchscreen, recovery, Startup, keypad, new network kernel modules, USB, and Wi-Fi are all working properly, it wouldn’t hurt if you give the firmware update a try.
What are the requirements?
Before installing the Android 4.0 ICS AOSP ROM on your device, make sure that you meet the requirements below:
- Successfully rooted device
- Installed ClockworkMod Recovery
- Downloaded complete file for Android 4.0 ICS AOSP ROM
How to install the firmware update
- The first step that you need to do in updating your device’s OS is by downloading the ROM file and copying it on your SD card
- Boot your Motorola Defy device into recovery mode
- Make sure that you make a Nandroid backup since the installation process will completely wipe off your phone’s memory
- Select the factory reset/wipe data, wipe cache and wipe dalvick cache option
- Go to install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card > select ROM that you copied in your SD card
- After successfully installing the ROM file, reboot your device to finish the installation process