Finally, T-Mobile Galaxy S II users can get a custom ROM built for their phone. Last week I wrote about how to root your T-Mobile Galaxy S2, and now here is your first Gingerbread custom ROM.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. Android Authority will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- The first step is to make sure that you have root on your phone along with ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Now download the ROM zip file from here and save it on your desktop for ease of access.
- Once done, connect your phone to the computer, mount SD Card as flash drive and copy the downloaded zip file to SD card root.
- After you are done copying the ROM file to SD card, reboot your phone in ClockworkMod Recovery. You can use ROM Manager’s in-app option to boot into recovery.
- After you are in recovery, make a Nandroid backup of your current ROM using on-screen options.
- Once you are done making the backup, Wipe Cache Partition and Factory / Data reset your phone.
- Once done, navigate to install zip from SD card and install the ROM zip file.
- Once the installation is complete, reboot your phone.
That wasn’t hard, was it? You now have the first custom ROM on your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2. In case you have any issues or need to discuss more with the ROM developer, please head to the official XDA thread posted here.