There are many cases that using Over The Air (OTA) update goes wrong resulting to a soft brick device, in our case HTC EVO View 4G but don’t worry there’s an easy way to fix your device by manually updating your Firmware using Custom Recovery. If you don’t have a Custom Recovery yet just follow the simple steps below to start fixing your device.
- HTC EVO View 4G
- USB Data Cable
- First, download and install Android Software Development Kit (SDK).
- Then, you should have a Custom recovery, if you don’t have it download this recovery image and copy it to the fastboot folder in the Android SDK folder.
- Next, turn off your device.
- Go to fastboot mode by holding down Volume down and Power button.
- Boot into Hboot.
- Connect your device on the computer via USB Data Cable.
- Open the command prompt.
- Navigate to the fastboot folder in the Andorid SDK and enter the following command:
fastboot flash recovery cwm-188.8.131.52-express.img
- go back into hboot and select recovery to boot into it.
- You have successfully installed custom recovery now we can bring back our phone by flashing your chosen Rom or if you have a Nandroid Backup do a Nandroid Restore.
You can find Custom Roms in here