Any serious Android developer, and there are a lot of them, will be familiar with Hardkernel’s lineup of developer-only tablets. Granted, these devices feature hefty price tags which makes them unavailable to many. The good news for developers is that the Korean company is now releasing an Android development board boasting the same quad-core CPU found in the Samsung Galaxy S3. If that wasn’t impressive enough, this product, the Odroid-x is priced at only $129.
Key features and specifications of the Odroid-x include:
- 1.4 Ghz quad-core Samsung Exynos 4412 processor
- 1GB RAM
- Mali-400 GPU
- Android 4.0.4 ICS on-board, also supports Ubuntu 12.04
- 6 USB 2.0 ports
- micro USB port
- micro HDMI port for 1080p video output
- standard 3.5mm headphone and microphone jack
- 50pin IO expansion port
- 10/100 Mbps Ethernet jack
- Full sized SD card slot
- Optional external display and webcam available
You can catch an introduction video of the Odroid-x as well as video of the development board in action, here:
You can find detailed specifications and purchase information for the Odroid-x here. This $129 Android development board is expected to ship at the end of July.
What are your thoughts? Will you be looking to buy the Odroid-x? Let us know in the comments section below.