Fresh out of Google Labs is the new Gesture Search application which adds a novel search method to any Android 2.0 or greater device. As its name implies, Gesture Search allows you to search your contacts, installed applications, bookmarks, or music tracks by drawing an alphabet gesture on your touchscreen. If you want to find all your contacts that begin with the letter N, you can simply launch the gesture application, draw an “N” on your touchscreen, and marvel as your search results appear. If the search results are too numerous to count, you can add another letter to refine your query or swipe from left to right to erase everything and start over. Do not fret if your sloppy “N” looks a bit like a “M” as the Gesture Search application will present you with a multiple letter search result. Sweet! Interested Android owners rocking the latest 2.x devices can download Gesture Search from the Android Market. First impressions, whether good, bad, or indifferent, are welcome in the comments.
Google releases Gesture Search for Android 2.X devices
4 hours ago
- 1.Google on the Nexus 6: try it, you may like it
- 2.Samsung will ‘fundamentally reform’ its smartphones going forward
- 3.Motorola Droid Turbo official: huge battery, Quad HD screen, powerful specs
- 4.Samsung’s Q3 net profit down nearly 50% year-on-year
- 5.Inbox users to receive more invitations to share today