October 22, 2008
136

Eric Chu over at the Android Developer Blog posted some additional details on the workings of the Android Market from the developer’s perspective.

Starting on October 27th, 2008, developers will be able to register themselves and then upload their applications to the Android Market. The one-time registration fee will cost each developer $25, which covers the cost of Google authenticating the developer. Once a developer is registered, though, future apps sent to the market will not need any further validation.

Right now only free applications can be posted on the Android Market, but starting in early Q1 of 2009 paid apps will be allowed. As mentioned before, developers get 70% of the selling price of the application. Google says that the other 30% covers processing fees and to the carriers. Google, for its part, does not receive a dime.

Darcy LaCouvee
Darcy is the editor in chief at Android Authority. He follows the latest trends and is extremely passionate about mobile technology. With a keen eye for spotting emerging trends and reporting them, he works hard to bring you the best analysis, updates, and reports on all things Android. Darcy lives and breathes the latest mobile technology, and believes Android will be on a billion devices in the not too distant future.
Show 136 comments