It seems that Google has posted a timeline that outlines past and future milestones for the Android smartphone operating system. There is nothing too earth shattering in the document, but they do mention that a pre-release of the 1.0 SDK will be available next month (September) with the real SDK to follow later in the year. The posting also reiterates the fact that the first devices will be available in Q4 of this year.
Google posts Android timeline, 1.0 SDK still to come
From the forums
- What's the ugliest android phone you... 28 Replies on Android News & Discussion
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha leaked pictures 8 Replies on Android News & Discussion
- (Read First!) Welcome to the Android... 62 Replies on Introductions
- Xiaomi Mi-3 12 Replies on Other Smartphone Discussion
- Android L Experience on your Xperia Z2 1 Replies on Sony Xperia Z2
- 1.LG commits to provide the G2 a major UI update and Android L
- 2.8 best developers of icon packs for Android
- 3.New-in-box Nexus 7 (2013) for as little as $99, via Staples
- 4.Note 4 render lands in our inbox: real or fake?
- 5.(Update: it’s back) Google pulled popular music player Rocket Player off the Play Store