Welcome to this week’s episode of Google Play Weekly! It was a little bit of a slow news week, but we still found some interesting things to talk about. We were very surprised to see Roku’s anti-Chromecast update, Foursquare adds 43 million menus to their app, and Microsoft finally makes a somewhat competent appearance in the Play Store. These are the stories we mentioned this week and don’t forget to watch the video for all the news!
- Google Play Music was updated to version 5.2 and brings genre-based radio stations.
- Foursquare updated itself and people can now see 43 million menus across 500,000 restaurants.
- Symantec released a study that says over 1000 malicious apps were released in the Play Store and a lot of people downloaded them.
- Xbox Music comes out for the Play Store, proving Steve Ballmer is capable of at least one good idea.
- Roku releases an update that allows people to stream their local content on their Android devices. Chromecast can’t do that.
Here are 5 trending apps that caught our attention this week. Each link below will take you to the Play Store to download the apps.
Don’t forget to check out the video below and tune in next week for more Google Play Store news!
Google Play Weekly Episode 5 Video