Welcome back for our fourth episode of Google Play Weekly. We know this last week has been dominated with hardware news thanks to IFA. It’s been a super exciting week, especially if you’re a fan of Sony and Samsung. However, that did not stop the Google Play Store and the apps in it from doing their thing. There was some pretty exciting news, so check out the video below to see more.
Linked below are the stories from the last week. If you need more info on anything we talked about today, this is where you can find them.
- Twitter all the things! The app itself received an update that added a new feature, their beta opened up to the public briefly, and Samsung totally outed them at their Unpacked event.
- A beta tester from BlackBerryOS.com posted a video to demo what BlackBerry Messenger for Android will look like.
- The Nexus 4 got really cheap. Now it’s gone for good.
- PayPal gets a huge update that lets people buy things at physical locations through the PayPal app. The people at Tech Crunch got a great interview and demo of it.
- The BBC iPlayer got updated and it now lets people download full shows to watch later offline.
To close out our Google Play Weekly, here are the app links to the five trending apps we took a look at. Note, the links take you to the Play Store.