Welcome to this week’s edition of Google Play Weekly! Over the course of the last week or so, we’ve seen some big game releases, some changes to the rules in the Google Play Store, and a new achievement for Google in the world of gaming. It’s been an exciting last 7 days, so check out the video below to hear more about it. Below are the stories mentioned this week as well as download links for the trending apps segment.
- Asphalt 8: Airborne gets launched to the Play Store to big applause and success.
- Utter! It’s a voice assistant app developed from the days before Google Now. It’s gotten a huge update and can actually use Google Now.
- Google Hangouts gets an update geared toward AT&T customers. Also, Google+ got an “awesome” update.
- The Google Play Store has changed the rules about what apps can and cannot do. It’s a big list and there are some things there people will like.
- Lastly, Google Play has surpassed handhelds like the PS Vita and Nintendo DS in terms of money. Now, only iOS makes more in the mobile/handheld gaming market than Android.
Here are the trending apps. Do note, each link will take you to the Play Store to download the app.
That about wraps it up for Google Play Weekly this week. Don’t forget to check back with us next Friday for the next episode.