The floodgates have opened and all the salient information on the Google phone have popped up on the Wall Street Journal and TechCrunch today. According to the WSJ, the Google phone will be called the Nexus One, will be manufactured by HTC, and sold online as an unlocked handset directly through Google starting early next year. Google reportedly tweaked the Android 2.1 OS, customizing everything from the applications on the phone to the look and feel of each screen. Hardware-wise, the Nexus One is reportedly a modified HTC Passion, sporting a high resolution AMOLED display, a Snapdragon processor, dual mics, unusually large camera, and advanced voice-to-text features. And yes, all the Google employees with that hot, new handset are rocking the Nexus One and it is supposedly the long-rumored Google phone.
Google phone to be called the Nexus One, arriving next year
From the forums
- Android runtime (ART) vs Dalvik 5 Replies on Off Topic Lounge
- I get my OnePlus One tomorrow! 2 Replies on OnePlus Smartphones
- end of invite system 1 Replies on OnePlus Smartphones
- oneplus or xiaomi . the cheaper... 3 Replies on OnePlus Smartphones
- Excited for Motorola's new releases? 0 Replies on Android News & Discussion