The Google Nexus 7 is the first-ever Android tablet to run the latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. This 7-inch screen tablet also packs a lightweight design, a quad-core NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor, and rich display that makes this a good tablet for reading, playing games, and watching movies. If you are still not satisfied with its raw power, how about flashing a custom ROM such as the Bugless Beast ROM on your Nexus 7?
Created by developer Peter Alfonso, the Bugless Beast ROM features the stock Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM with some tweaks and customizations on board. It's just like the same stock ROM with even more features and improved performance.
In this article, you will learn how to flash the Bugless Beast ROM to the Nexus 7.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Google Nexus 7. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Google Nexus 7 with unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMod Recovery installed
- Download pete_grouper_ota_2012-08-07.zip (m5sum: 169b44848f6016d15b7681dfd1188ba6).
- Backup all personal data on your tablet to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the ROM ZIP file to the tablet's SD card.
- Switch off your tablet.
- Reboot your tablet into ClockworkMod Recovery. You can do that by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Volume Down, and the Power buttons until recovery boots.
- Create a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. Go to Backup and Restore and select Backup on the next screen.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Wipe cache partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select Advanced. From there, select Wipe Dalvik cache and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go back to the main main menu and select Install ZIP from SD card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD card and locate the the ROM ZIP file. Confirm the action on the next screen to flash the ROM to your tablet.
- Go back to the main menu by selecting Go back.
- Reboot your tablet by selecting Reboot system now.
Congratulations! You have successfully flashed the Bugless Beast ROM on your Google Nexus 7.