Google I/O 2013 keynote: livestream and live blog
We are hosting the livestream of the Google I/O 2013 opening keynote, and Nate Swanner and Joshua Vergara will pitch in with their impressions from Moscone West in a live blog.
The opening keynote of the Google I/O 2013 conference is scheduled to begin soon, with thousands of developers, enthusiasts, and journalists already heading towards the San Francisco venue where Google is set to unveil its new projects. Among them, our Nate Swanner and Joshua Vergara, who are as excited as they can be to see what Google is up to.
This year, Google has opted to have one big (it’s three hours long!) keynote, instead of the two smaller events it held last year. That means that much of the exciting stuff that Googlers have been working on in the last months will be shown today.
You can watch the Google I/O 2013 keynote livestream right here.
Google I/O keynote livestream
We know that some of you can’t watch the streaming video for one reason or the other. Don’t worry, you can still keep up with the keynote in real time by following our live blog. Nate will offer his impressions, while our master videographer Josh will fix you up with photos from the event. You can pitch in with questions and comments!
Google I/O keynote live blog
During and after the event, we’ll post on all the new developments and update this post with links. Bottom line, when something noteworthy happens, you will find out about it here, so stay tuned.
- Google revamps search on the desktop, adds new Google Now cards
- Hangouts application for Android and Chrome is live
- Google Maps for desktop, Android and iOS get major redesign
- Google+ Photos enhanced with new editing features, additional storage for Backup, and more
- Google Play Services: new APIs, cloud messaging and more
- Google Hangouts messaging app made official at Google I/O 2013
- Google Plus redesigned: multi-column view, related hashtags and more
- Google gives away free Chromebook Pixel to all Google I/O attendees
- Google introduces new ‘Google play for Education’ app store
- Google Play update brings tablet apps to the forefront, integrates latest mobile-focused redesign
- Google Play Music All Access streaming service announced
- Android Studio announced, developer console updated with new features
- Google+ single sign-in gets even better at Google I/O
- Galaxy S4 Google Edition is official, coming on June 26 with stock Android
- Google Play Game Services launched with aim to offer ultimate cross-platform gaming experience
- Google: 900 million Android activations, 48 billion app installs