If you haven’t already seen it, Google has been running its new Google+ Hangouts commercial all over Youtube. The commercial showcases the ability to video chat with up to 9 friends at the same time all from your mobile (Android) device. Take a look:
Well if you ever wanted to have a beat boxing face off, now you can. On the other hand, if you can’t beat box or rap, Google Plus Hangouts lets you:
- Chill with friends that are scrolling through the web, just like you!
- Use live video chat that puts you in the same room together!
- Coordinate plans, whether it’s working on a project or meeting up for coffee.
- Maybe you’re bored. Start a hangout, invite your circles, see who’s around!
Google says that there is at least 5 different ways to start Hanging out with your friends:
- If you invite people to join a hangout, a post will appear in their stream telling them that there’s a hangout going on, along with all the people in that hangout currently.
- If 25 or fewer people are invited, they’ll receive a notification that they’ve been invited to join a hangout.
- If you invite individuals that are signed in to chat, they’ll receive an IM with a link to join.
- If someone invited to a hangout tries to start their own, they’ll be told that there’s a hangout already going on and they may want to join that one instead.
- Since the hangout you’re in is visible by the circles of the other hangout participants, people you don’t know may learn that you’re hanging out.