Google announces $275k and $100k winners of Android Developer Challenge
Eric Chu at the Android Developers Blog has announced the big cash winners of the Android Developer Challenge I. Out of the original round of 50 finalists, 10 were chosen to receive US$275,000 and 10 were chosen to receive $100,000. That’s not chump change.
The winners of the large cash prizes were chosen by a panel of 7 judges. You can take a look at their bios and photos, if you like.
Without further delay, here are the winners of the $275,000 awards, in no particular order – other than alphabetical order, that is:
- cab4me, by Konrad Huebner and Henning Boeger
- CompareEverywhere, by Jeffrey Sharkey
- Ecorio, by Jeff Kao, Gary Pong, Robert Lam, and Taneem Talukdar
- GoCart, by Rylan Barnes
- Life360, Chris Hulls, Dilpreet Singh, Luis Carvalho, Phuong Nguyen, and Steve Potell
- Locale, by Carter Jernigan, Clare Bayley, Jasper Lin, and Christina Wright
- PicSay, by Eric Wijngaard
- Softrace, by Staffan Kjellberg and Thomas Kjellberg
- TuneWiki, by TuneWiki Inc.
- Wertago, by Kelvin Cheung,Teresa Ko, Peter Ree, Robert Sarvis, and Douglas Young
And the winners of the $100,000 awards:
- BreadCrumbz, by Amos Yoffe
- Cooking Capsules, by Mary Ann Cotter and Muthu Ramadoss
- Maverick, by Virgil Dobjanschi
- PebbleBox, by Yin Wang and Tao Jin
- PhoneBook 2.0, by Voxmobili
- Piggyback, by Christophe Petit and Sébastien Petit
- Pocket Journey, by Anthony Stevens and Rosie Pongracz
- Rayfarla, by Stephen Oldmeadow
- ShareYourBoard, by Mikhail Ksenzov
- Teredesk e-Storage, by José Augusto Ferrarini
For those of you keeping score, that’s $5,000,000 in total cash prizes that were awarded in the Android Developer Challenge. Each of the 50 finalists received $25,000 ($1.25 million total). Add to that 10 prizes of $100,000 ($1 million) and 10 prizes of $275,000 ($2.75 million). Quite a good payout.