Great news for you Original Galaxy Tab owners on Verizon as Android 2.3.5, Gingerbread is now rolling out! Verizon and Samsung have finally flipped the switch to give you Gingerbread finally. It’s nice to see that even with so many new tablets being built and released every day, that the older Android tablets are still getting some upgrade love.
The update is to Android 2.3.5 and will bring:
- Improved security for the PIN method. When using the PIN, the device will no longer request a symbol as a numeric entry
- Improved word selection and copy functionality
- A ‘View Data Plan’ icon so that users can adjust their plans accordingly
- Verizon Data Service feature will allow users to see how much data they have used so that they won’t go over
- A new download manager app
- The ability to use the front-facing camera as a camcorder
- Widgets will resize to reflect landscape and portrait mode more accurately
- Support for Verizon Pay As You Go prepaid plans
- Google security patches
If your tab is not rooted, be ready to receive the update notification any time now. Once you get the update let us know how it went for you.