Gingerbread Dual Core QWERTY Coming: HTC Doubleshot!
the diligent folks at Pocketnow have found a very interesting “user profile” that details an upcoming QWERTY dual core Android 2.3 in the works.
Dubbed the HTC Doubleshot, it is going to be coming with the freshest version of Android – 2.3 Gingerbread – as well as a (thank god) physical QWERTY keyboard. While phones like the Motorola Atrix, the HTC Sensation, and the Samsung Galaxy S II get all the love from people, there still are significant numbers of people that live and die by physical QWERTY keyboards.
Here are the specs & interesting bits:
- 1.2GHz dual core processor (most likely the same one in the HTC Sensation and HTC EVO 3D)
- Destined for T-Mobile at some point in the future
- Alleged to have a 6 + Megapixel camera with HDR (High Dynamic Range) capability
- Bluetooth 3.0 and 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi.
- 800×480 display (boo) most likely at 4 inches
- Chiclet style keyboard of the Desire series is a reasonable assumption
Some are speculating that, because of the name Doubleshot, that the device itself is destined to have 3D functionality. There is potential that the device itself could have dual-cameras, and could very well be a 3D device.
Either way, what we are looking at here is a strong indication that manufacturers have not dropped their commitment to producing top of the line, QWERTY devices. Diversity of hardware, as we all know, is a good thing!
Do you still care about having a physical QWERTY keyboard or are you happy with touchscreen keyboards?