General Mobile talks of its next Android smartphone
I just got an email from my contact at General Mobile, and he wanted to give me some information on his company’s next Android smartphone. While he didn’t reveal a name to me just yet, I did get a look at a decent spec sheet.
- Marvell PXA935 CPU (Tavor P65)
- HSDPA/WCDMA/EDGE/GPRS/GSM for up to 3.6Mbps downloads
- Android OS 1.6 Donut, upgradeable to 2.0
- 5.0 MP AF camera (same as in the DSTL1)
- 3.2-inch HVGA (320 x 480 pixel) capacitive touchscreen
- Bluetooth 2.0
- WiFi 802.11b/g
- 256MB NAND + 128MB DDR, microSD cards up to 16GB
- Trackball controller
- GPS and electronic compass
- FM radio
- 1500mAh battery
Sounds like a pretty good upgrade from the capabilities of the DSTL1, General Mobile’s first Android smartphone. My contact also told me that General Mobile is working on an app store to include in the phone.