ParanoidAndroid is one of the most customizable ROMs out there and you certainly will be enjoying UIs from both the world of tablets and the world of phones. The ROM is a hybrid of these two UIs and because of that, settings are provided to suit your tastes. DPI sizes can be adjusted as much as you want and as often as you want.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 has recently been showered with the great features of the ParanoidAndroid ROM plus a tasty helping of Jelly Bean. A ParanoidAndroid ROM developed and released by XDA Developers member Androguide.fr was made available for the eager owners of the Galaxy Tab 7.7 to try out. Owners of the Galaxy Tab 7.7 P6800, P6810, and I815 from Verizon can all try this ROM; the installation process is the same for all three variants of the tablet.
This guide shows you how to upgrade the Galaxy Tab 7.7 to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean via ParanoidAndroid ROM.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7, model number GT-P6800, GT-P6810, or SCH-I815. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 GT-P6800, GT-P6810, or SCH-I815 (Verizon) with ClockworkMod recovery installed.
- Your tablet's USB cable
- Download the ROM package for your tablet model:
- Download GApps (Google Apps) package (gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip, md5sum: f62cfe4a827202899919fd932d5246d7)
- Make sure that your tablet's battery is charged up to 75% or more to avoid interruptions during the process.
- Backup all personal data on your device to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the ParanoidAndroid ROM package and the GApps package to your tablet's SD card.
- Switch your tablet off and boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons together until the screen turns on. Release the Volume Up key but keep pressing the Power button until the tablet boots into ClockworkMod Recovery.
- NOTE: You can use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an item in recovery.
- Make a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. To create a backup, go to Backup and Restore and select Backup.
- If you are running a non-CM10 based custom ROM, you need to wipe your tablet's data. Select Wipe data/Factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen. You may skip this step if you are running a CyanogenMod 10 ROM or another ROM based on it.
- Select Wipe cache. Confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Advanced > Wipe Dalvik cache and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Install ZIP From SD Card.
- Select Choose ZIP From SD Card and navigate to the Paranoid Android ROM ZIP file. Select the file and confirm the action on the next screen to start installing the ROM to your phone.
- Once installation of the ROM is done, install the GApps package in the same manner as in steps 7 and 8.
- After installing the GApps package, select Go back and select Reboot system now. This will reboot your tablet to the newly installed Paranoid Android ROM.
Great job! You have successfully upgraded your Galaxy Tab 7.7 to Jelly Bean through the ParanoidAndroid ROM. Liking the ROM so far? Anything worth taking note of?
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.