An Android 4.1 Jelly Bean custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 Wi-Fi+3G GT-P6800 variant has been released by XDA Developers member DakiX. Known as the Nexness PRO custom ROM, the said software is based on Jelly Bean build JRO03H from CyanogenMod 10 and AOSP sources and is already rooted, deodexed, and zipaligned.
Moreover, the ROM offers various customizations and tweaks for Wi-Fi, battery life, RAM optimizations, network signals, brightness and display settings, and more. The ROM also excludes what the ROM developer considers to be bloatware, including the Trebuchet Launcher, Google Street View, Google Plus, Google Messenger, Google Maps, Google Books, Google Magazines, ROM Manager, Google Earth, Android Terminal, and more.
Lacking an official Android 4.1 update, people have opted for custom ROMs for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 and the Nexness Pro ROM is one of the best ones to try out. It comes with the great features that you'd come to expect from Jelly Bean on top of several tweaks that give the tablet overall better performance and battery life.
This guide shows you how to upgrade the Galaxy Tab 7.7 P6800 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via Nexness PRO ROM.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 Wi-Fi+3G variant, model number GT-P6800. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 GT-P6800 with ClockworkMod Recovery
- Download the following files to your computer:
- Nexness Pro ROM for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 P6800 (Nexness PRO V2 GT-P6800.zip, md5sum: f952f9f10fbd4d5d2846493fec6609bf)
- Google Apps package (gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip, md5sum: f62cfe4a827202899919fd932d5246d7)
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your tablet to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the ROM package and Google Apps package to your tablet's internal SD card.
- Turn off the tablet.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, press and hold the Volume Up and Power keys together. Once the tablet turns on, let go of the Power button but keep holding the Volume Up button. Let go of the Volume Up button when it boots into ClockworkMod Recovery. Use the Volume buttons to scroll up or down and the Power button to select an option.
- Select Wipe data/Factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Advanced > Wipe Dalvik cache and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card > Choose ZIP from SD card. Select the ROM's ZIP file and confirm that you want to install it.
- Install the Google Apps package in the same manner as in step 6.
- Return to the main recovery menu.
- Select Reboot system now to restart your tablet.
Bravo! You have successfully installed the Nexness PRO custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 GT-P6800.