The Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 is one of the Android tablets that many consumers are waiting to get their hands on. A successor of the original Galaxy Tab 7.0, the latest Galaxy Tab 7.7 promises to open boundaries between smartphones and tablets with new upgrades and functionality.
Featuring a massive 7.7 inch Super AMOLED display and 1.4 GHz dual-core Exynos processor, the Galaxy Tab 7.7 is one mean machine that can handle any application with ease. With many manufacturers constantly churning out new firmware releases every now and then, it is critical that your device has a contingency plan in case of a failed installation that may occur on your device.
Thanks to our friends at XDA-Developers, the latest ClockworkMod Recovery is now available for both the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 3G + WiFi (GT-P6800) and Galaxy Tab 7.7 WiFi (GT-P6810) versions. The ClockworkMod Recovery for the Galaxy Tab 7.7 is still in its early stages, with key core features such as Backup & Restore, Wipe Cache and Wipe Dalvik Cache reported to be working fine.
This guide is intended specifically for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 3G + WiFi (GT-P6800), and Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 WiFi (GT-P6810) versions only. It is not compatible with any other device and may cause irreversible damage. You can check your device’s model by heading to “Settings > About Tablet.”
- Rooted Galaxy Tab 7.7 (either 3G+Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi-only)
- Download the appropriate recovery image for your respective tablet from the following:
- Download Odin3 v1.85
- Updated device drivers installed on your PC. You can get them by installing the Samsung KIES software or download them here.
- DO NOT launch KIES and ODIN simultaneously as they do not get along with each other.
- Download the appropriate custom recovery software according to your Galaxy Tab 7.7 model.
- Turn off your device and reboot into download mode. You can do this by pressing and holding down the Volume Down key and Power button simultaneously.
- On the screen that follows, you should see two options: a.) Volume Up to Continue and b.) Volume Down to restart. Select the Volume Up key to enter Download mode.
- Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
- Launch the Odin application by double-clicking the “Odin3 1.85 exe” on your PC. Once Odin is launched, it should be able to recognize your device and the ID:COM port on the far left should automatically turn yellow indicating that the drivers of your device have been successfully installed.
- Select the PDA button and browse for the .tar file that is included in the Recovery package that you have downloaded earlier.
- Make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes are checked.
- Click the Start button to begin flashing the ClockworkMod Recovery image on your device. Once the installation process is through, the box above the yellow ID:COM port will automatically turn Green and show a “PASS” message, indicating that the installation process was successful.
- Your device should automatically reboot itself. Disconnect your device from your PC after it has finished rebooting.
- Verify if ClockworkMod Recovery is installed by turning off your device.
- Reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery by simultaneously holding down the Volume Up and Power button keys.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed ClockworkMod Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7.