Android 4.1 Jelly Bean has caught too much of our attention that we forgot that we still have devices that need to be upgraded to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Samsung is now beginning to roll out the Android 4.0.4 build XXLPK firmware update for the United Kingdom variant of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 Wi-Fi GT-P6810. Take note that this firmware is meant for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 bought in the U.K.
The update can be installed via Samsung KIES. But, if you want to install the update manually, you can do so by following the step-by-step instructions below to upgrade the Galaxy Tab 7.7 P6810 to Android 4.0.4 build XXLPK.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 (Wi-Fi only), model number GT-P6810. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 Wi-Fi GT-P6810
- A Windows PC
- Handset USB drivers installed on the PC. You may install the drivers by installing Samsung Kies.
- Enable USB debugging on your handset.
- Disable antivirus, firewall, and other security software. Also disable Samsung Kies and other software that accesses your phone. Such software can interfere with the procedure in this guide.
- Download the following to your computer:
- Backup all personal data on your tablet to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Extract Odin3-v1.85.zip to your computer. You will get the Odin3-v1.85 folder, with a few files inside.
- Extract P6810XXLPK_P6810OXALPK_XEU.zip to your computer. You will get the file P6810OXALPK_P6810XXLPK_HOME.tar.md5.
- NOTE: Sometimes, you may get the P6810OXALPK_P6810XXLPK_HOME.tar. This is okay because the MD5 extension is only hidden.
- Open the Odin3-v1.85 folder and click the Odin3 v1.85.exe file to launch Odin on your computer.
- Switch off your tablet.
- Reboot your tablet into Download Mode. You can do that by pressing and holding down the Volume Down key and Power button until a warning message appears on the screen. Press the Volume Up key to continue into Download Mode.
- Connect your tablet to the computer via USB cable. The word “Added!!” will be displayed in Odin. If it doesn't appear, make sure you have properly installed the USB drivers on your computer.
- Click the PDA button on Odin and locate the P6810OXALPK_P6810XXLPK_HOME.tar.md5 file.
- NOTE: make sure that “Re-partition” is not checked under Options.
- Click the Start button in Odin to begin flashing the ROM on your tablet.
- A “PASS” message will appear on Odin. Your tablet will also automatically reboot.
- Disconnect your tablet from the computer when the Samsung logo appears on the screen.
Hooray! You have successfully upgraded your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 GT-P6810 to Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich XXLPK firmware.