Custom Jelly Bean ROMs have been growing at a steady pace the past few weeks and most devices these days have Jelly Bean versions based on CyanogenMod 10. The only downside of custom Jelly Bean ROMs is the fact that they are still in early development and most of them are still plagued with bugs and disabled features. So, if you are still waiting for a Jelly Bean based ROM for your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 GT-P6810, you can try out an Ice Cream Sandwich ROM with a Jelly Bean theme.
Thanks to XDA Developers memberAndroguide.fr, you can enjoy the look and feel of Jelly Bean through this custom ROM made from pure CyanogenMod 9. The said ROM features a lot of Jelly Bean goodies like wallpapers, fonts, and animations. Keep in mind that this is not an Android 4.1 update but an ICS ROM made to look of that like Jelly Bean.
In this guide, learn how to flash a Jelly Bean-themed CM9 ROM on the Galaxy Tab 7.7 P6810.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 Wi-Fi, model number GT-P6810. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- The ROM's developer strongly advises not to use the Format /system command from the Mounts and storage menu in ClockworkMod Recovery because the tablet suffers from the bug that bricks devices when items are erased from internal storage.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 GT-P6810 with ClockworkMod Recovery
- Download the Jelly Bean themed ICS ROM (CM9_Jelly-Bean-Edition_P6810alpha1_08082012-signed.zip, 228.23 MB) file to your computer
- Backup all personal data on your tablet to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the downloaded ROM ZIP file to your tablet’s SD card.
- Switch off your tablet.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. You can do this by pressing and holding down the Volume Up and Power keys together. When the screen turns on, release the Power button but keep the Volume key pressed until recovery boots.
- NOTE: Once in recovery, use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an option.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on the next screen to confirm data wipe.
- NOTE: You may skip this step if you came from a previous version of this ROM.
- Select Wipe cache partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select Advanced. From there, select Wipe Dalvik cache and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD card, the browse for the downloaded ROM file and select it. Confirm the installation by selecting Yes on the screen that follows to install the ROM on your tablet. Wait for 5-10 minutes for the ROM to finish installing.
- After the ROM finishes installing, select Go back, then select Reboot system now to reboot your tablet.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the Jelly Bean-themed CyanogenMod 9 ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 Wi-Fi GT-P6810.
Paul and I.T. are synonyms. If you need help with I.T.-related stuff, call on Paul. His experience with Android phones goes way back to the ancient single-core-phone days. But, he keeps himself up to date, so now he has a dual-core beast in his pocket, and is looking forward to getting his first quad-core monster, and when it comes, his first eight-core phone. Perhaps he should be called Mr. X-Core, where "X" equals the number of CPU cores.