The earlier Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 tablet was given some major boost in the form of its more muscular brother—the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Wi-Fi GT-P6210. This newer 7-inch tablet now boasts a faster 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, Android 3.2 Honeycomb underneath, and several system improvements.
Just like any Android device, the Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Wi-Fi GT-P6210 is completely rootable. We’ll not go into the nitty-gritty of the pros and cons of rooting your device, but suffice it to say that root access is direly needed if you wish to load up your Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Wi-Fi with custom ROMs, or run root-only utilities on it.
XDA Developers member bdigitalstudio shares a rooting method for Samsung’s 7-inch tablet. Check out the rest of our step-by-step guide and learn how to root your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Wi-Fi GT-P6210.
- A Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Wi-Fi GT-P6210. Do not attempt to use these instructions on other models or variants.
- Install USB drivers for your tablet by installing Samsung KIES.
- Backup your mobile phone data or securely store files on the tablet’s SD card prior to rooting your tablet.
- Maintain battery power of at least 60% to keep your tablet running throughout the entire rooting process.
- To minimize interruptions, temporarily disable antivirus software and firewall programs before you root your tablet.
- Rooting your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Wi-Fi GT-P6210 will break the warranty.
- Root your tablet at your own risk. You alone shall be responsible for any damage dealt on your tablet.
- Download the rooting package (root.zip, 154.4 kB) and save the file to your computer. Do not extract the file.
- Connect your tablet to your computer.
- Copy root.zip to the microSD card of your tablet. You can use Samsung KIES for this.
- Disconnect your tablet from the computer.
- Turn off your tablet.
- Reboot your tablet into recovery mode. You can do this by pressing the Volume Up button and Power Button at the same time. When the tablet turns on, release the Power button while keeping the Volume Up key pressed until recovery loads.
- Once booted into recovery, navigate to Install update from external storage.
- Locate the root.zip file and tap the Power button to select it. This will initiate the rooting process on your tablet.
- Go back to the main recovery menu and reboot your rooted tablet.
- Install the following apps from the Google Play Store:
- Download Superuser app here. Run the app and update the su binary.
- Download Busybox here. Run the app and install the desired Busybox version.
Good job! You have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Wi-Fi GT-P6210.