The Android Open Kang Project, otherwise known as AOKP, is one of the widely preferred and widely used custom ROMs for various Android devices. With its infamous customization settings and great performance, AOKP has become a household name for Android developers, fans, and users.
This custom ROM is now blessing one of Samsung's earlier tablets, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus GT-P6200 and PT-P6210. This unofficial AOKP Jelly Bean Milestone 1 ROM is now on its second build with added fixes for issues in the previous build. Developed by XDA Developers member JeduRocks, this ROM, although unofficial, is already stable. It is based off Jelly Bean firmware JR003R and is also deodexed. It features not only AOKP's homegrown customizations but also CM10′s Launcher and Power menu. Superuser and Busybox come pre-installed with this ROM, as well.
This guide shows you how to flash AOKP Jelly Bean Milestone 1 ROM for the Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus, model number GT-P6200 or GT-P6210. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus GT-P6200 or GT-P6210 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. For help, check our guides:
- Download the following files to your computer:
- Any of the following ROM packages for your Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus model:
- GApps (Google Apps) package (gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip, md5sum: c4a07a24e11448824b84e314600cd357)
- Make sure that your tablet's battery is charged up to 75% or more to avoid interruptions during the process.
- Backup all personal data on your tablet to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the ROM package and the GApps package to your tablet's SD card.
- Switch off your tablet.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, press and hold down the Volume Up and Power buttons at the same time. Once the tablet turns on, release the Power button and keep the Volume Up button pressed until Recovery Mode boots.
- Note: You can use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an item or option in recovery.
- Make a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. To do this, go to Backup and Restore and select Backup.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go to Mounts and Storage and select Format /System and wait for the process to finish.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD Card and navigate to the ROM's ZIP file. Select the file and confirm the action to start installing the ROM to your phone.
- Once installation of the ROM is done, repeat steps 7 and 8 to install the GApps package.
- After installing the GApps package, select Go Back and select Reboot System Now. This will reboot your tablet to the newly installed AOKP JB Milestone 1 ROM.
Congratulations! Your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus GT-P6200 and GT-6210 is now running on a faster and smoother OS thanks to the AOKP JB Milestone 1 ROM. Any comments about the ROM?
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.