Whenever Android users have a new phone or tablet in their hands, they just can't resist the urge to modify it and to install ClockworkMod Recovery on it. The greatest advantage when you have recovery software installed on your tablet is that you can easily install custom ROMs, hacks, and kernels in just a couple of minutes.
Installing ClockworkMod Recovery can be done in many ways. The most common is through Odin, but there's a less-known flashing tool: Heimdall Suite. It is a cross-platform opensource tool used to flash software to Samsung Galaxy S series devices. Heimdall also shares some few traits with Odin software, and they are basically identical in terms of functionality.
Thanks to XDA Developers member aorth, you can flash the custom recovery to your tablet easily through Heimdall.
This guide shows you how to flash ClockworkMod Recovery for the Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6200.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with theSamsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus 3G, model number GT-P6200, GT-P6201, or GT-P6200L. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus 3G GT-P6200, GT-P6201, or GT-P6200L
- Download ClockworkMod Recovery 184.108.40.206 for P6200 (p6200-clockworkmod-220.127.116.11.img, md5sum: 4554f940ac0064dba3e1c5e12469efd2)
- Download and install Heimdall 1.3.1 on your computer. Download the right package(s) for your computer's operating system and architecture. Do not use the most recent version (Heimdall 1.3.2) because it is buggy.
- Install your tablet's USB drivers on your PC if you are on Windows.
- If using Windows, make sure you log in to an account with Administrator rights.
- Backup all personal data on your tablet to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Turn your tablet off. Make sure it is not plugged into your computer.
- Reboot the tablet into Download Mode. To do that, hold down the Volume Down button while pressing the Power button once. Keep Volume Down pressed for about 5 seconds or until Download Mode boots.
- Connect your tablet to your computer.
- Open a command prompt or terminal on your computer. In Windows, make sure you open a command prompt as Administrator.
- If you are on Windows, change directory to where you saved p6200-clockworkmod-18.104.22.168.img to.
- Flash the recovery image by entering the following command at the terminal or command prompt:
- For Linux
sudo heimdall flash --recovery p6200-clockworkmod-22.214.171.124.img
- For Windows
heimdall flash --recovery p6200-clockworkmod-126.96.36.199.img
- You'll see some text on the terminal screen as Heimdall flashes the image to your tablet. When flashing finishes, you can unplug your tablet from the PC.
- To check whether flashing was successful, turn off your tablet. Hold down Volume Up and press Power once. Keep holding down the Volume Up key for about 5 seconds until ClockworkMod Recovery boots.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed ClockworkMod Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus GT-P6200.
Paul and I.T. are synonyms. If you need help with I.T.-related stuff, call on Paul. His experience with Android phones goes way back to the ancient single-core-phone days. But, he keeps himself up to date, so now he has a dual-core beast in his pocket, and is looking forward to getting his first quad-core monster, and when it comes, his first eight-core phone. Perhaps he should be called Mr. X-Core, where "X" equals the number of CPU cores.