Students and people who are often on the go will want to extend their battery life for as long as possible. To be able to do that, you'll need to go easy on using your device and you'll need to pare down your apps to their barest essentials. Most custom ROMs, however, are all about cramming as many customizations, apps, and treats as possible into one package, but this ROM for your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-3100 or Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-3110 is different.
The Codename Lungo ROM by XDA Developers member TimV_ promises to give users longer battery life, a shorter boot time, a more responsive UI, and no bloatware. This rooted ROM also has SuperSU, hardware acceleration, and Apex Launcher. Since the Codename Lungo ROM is basically hollowed out, you can choose what apps to install on it or you can keep it clutter-free so you can use it for several hours.
This guide shows you how to flash Codename Lungo ROM for the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, model number GT-P3100 or GT-P3110. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3100 or GT-P3110 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Download the Codename Lungo ROM version appropriate for your device model:
- OPTIONAL: Download add-ons.
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the appropriate ROM package and addons (if any) to your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0′s internal SD card.
- Turn off your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0.
- Boot the tablet into Recovery Mode by holding down the Volume Down and Power buttons. When the Samsung logo appears, release the Power button but keep holding down the Volume Down button.
- Make a NANDroid Backup by selecting Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card > Choose ZIP from SD card > select the ROM file.
- OPTIONAL: To flash the add-ons of your choice, select Install ZIP from SD card > Choose ZIP from SD card > choose the addon package .
- Select Go back > Reboot System Now.
Congratulations! The Codename Lungo ROM is now on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3100 or GT-P3110. How are you liking the stripped-down ROM?