With the advent of more sophisticated features that can be installed on your phone comes the release of Team Broccoli’s official AOKPCB ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 version. You can enjoy a new lock screen with music controls, live wallpapers, AOSP music player, DSP Manager, and even File Manager by infusing your Galaxy Tab 2 with this ROM. Dev Tools has also been added in the ROM’s features, including a few CM9 and AOKP gerrit features.
This new ROM, as reported by the developers and testers, is fast and stable, so it’s a very good companion for those who love speed and efficiency in navigating their tablet’s tools.
A variety of customization options are also provided in AOKPCB to guarantee a wholesome experience for users. AOKPCB ROM is under development so there may be some issues on the ROM, and things may not work properly. But, like what’s mentioned above, the ROM is fast and stable enough for daily use.
- The instructions for this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, model numbers GT-P3110 and GT-P3113. Applying these instructions on another device may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility of liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guidelines first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Wi-Fi (GT-P3110 or GT-P3113) with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Check out these guides on how to install ClockworkMod Recovery to Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3110 and GT-P3113.
- Make sure to charge your tablet battery to 60% or more. This will ensure that your tablet will not turn off while on the process of installation.
- Backup all personal data on your tablet to make sure you have a copy of your data. (eg., contacts, SMS, MMS, WI-Fi passwords and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases some data.
- Download latest AOKPCB ROM (aokpcb_espressowifi_r2-official.zip, md5sum: e9faf383e6500f05496fa5ae23969894)
- Download GApps (Google Apps) for this ROM (gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip, 49.6 MB)
- Copy the downloaded ZIP files to the root of your tablet’s external microSD card.
- Switch off your Tab.
- Enter ClockworkMod Recovery, as follows: press and hold down the Power and Volume Down (left key on the Volume rocker) buttons simultaneously for few seconds until the Samsung Galaxy Tab logo appears. Release the Power button but keep holding the Volume Down button. Within a few seconds, ClockworkMod Recovery will appear.
- From the ClockworkMod Recovery main menu, select Wipe Data/ Factory Reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Return to the main menu. Select Wipe Dalvik Cache from the Advanced menu to clear all the cache from your tablet.
- Go back to the main menu and select Install ZIP From SD Card and then select Choose ZIP From SD Card. Locate the ROM to flash it on your Tab. Confirm installation by selecting Yes.
- Wait until the process is completed. It may take around 8 to 10 minutes.
- Go back to the main menu and flash GApps in the same manner as in step 7.
- After the installation is complete, select Go Back then select Reboot System Now to reboot the tablet into AOKPCB ROM. The first boot will take about 5 minutes before it completes.
Congratulations! The AOKPCB ROM has now been successfully installed on your Samsung Galaxy Tablet 2 7.0. You are now ready to enjoy the Tab’s latest AOKP gerrit features with AOSP music player, live wallpapers, and many more.