Guess what's been making some noise in the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3100, GT-P3110, and GT-P3113) community? If you're feeling what I'm feeling, then yes, ParanoidAndroid is ready for your 7-inch Galaxy Tab 2. You can now test the first-ever ROM to feature Hybrid Mode and experience its highly customizable interface. The available ROMs for the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 are constantly being updated by the developers.
There are some limitations and minor bugs that you might encounter while navigating through the ROM. One such bug is the IR blaster not working on the P3113 model. Otherwise, the ROM runs smoothly and is definitely a beautiful ParanoidAndroid experience.
This guide shows you how to flash ParanoidAndroid ROM for the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, model numbers GT-P3100, GT-P3110 and GT-P3113. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3100, GT-P3110 and GT-P3113 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Download the appropriate file for your device model:
- Download the GApps package ( gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip, md5sum: 4e9e7ec3c22b0b3471bd05d62b8a659d)
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the ParanoidAndroid ZIP file to your tablet's internal SD card.
- Turn your tablet off.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. Hold down the Volume Up and Power buttons. Release the Power button once the screen turns on and keep pressing the Volume Down button until the tablet boots into recovery.
- NOTE: The Left Volume key is the button nearest to the Power button while the Right Volume key is the button farthest from the Power button.
- Create a NANDroid Backup. Select Recovery > Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition > Yes.
- Select Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache > Yes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card > Choose ZIP from SD Card > Selectthe ParanoidAndroid ZIP file > Yes.
- Repeat step 8 but this time flash gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip.
- Select Go Back > Reboot System Now.
Hurrah! You have successfully flashed ParanoidAndroid on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100, P3110, or P3113. You are now officially Paranoid. Let us know how much you like the ROM by leaving a comment.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.