Jelly Bean has arrived on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113 — in the form of a leaked OTA firmware update, that is. The latest goodies from leaksters brings Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean to the said tablet via software version update XARCLI.
What this means is that you can now try what Jelly Bean might feel like on your tablet. Although, as usual, since this is leaked firmware, this may still be a test build with issues and bugs. This also means that Jelly Bean is being readied for the tablet and that the final, official build will soon be rolling out.
This guide shows you how to upgrade the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3113 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean build XARCLI (leaked firmware).
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, model number GT-P3113. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113 with stock UEBLH2 firmware
- Download the Jelly Bean build XARCLI OTA update for the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113 (GT-P3113_P3113XARCLI-OTA-P3113UEBLH2_XAR_343830130.zip, 327.9 MB)
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the Jelly Bean firmware build XARCLI OTA update file to your tablet's external storage (microSD card).
- Turn off your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0.
- Reboot the tablet into Recovery Mode. To do so, hold down the Volume Up and Power buttons. When the screen turns on, release the Power button but keep pressing the Volume Down button until the tablet boots into recovery.
- Select Apply update from external storage and select the XARCLI OTA update file.
- The tablet will reboot after applying the update. If it doesn't, go back to the main recovery menu and select Reboot system now.
Great! You've now upgraded your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean build XARCLI (leaked firmware).