Samsung pushed an official firmware upgrade for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113 some time last month. The said firmware is for software version UEBLH2, bringing Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich fixes and improvements for the GT-P3113.
The official firmware can be used to restore your tablet to its factory state, which means that it can be used as an escape route if you ever need to revert to stock firmware. For instance, this can be very handy if you stumble upon an bad or misbehaving custom ROM that makes your tablet malfunction.
This guide shows you how to revert the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3113 to Android 4.0.4 ICS build UEBLH2 (stock official firmware).
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, model number GT-P3113. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113
- A Windows PC
- Install your handset's USB drivers on the PC. You may install the drivers by installing Samsung Kies.
- Enable USB debugging on your handset.
- Disable antivirus, firewall, and other security software. Also disable Samsung Kies and other software that accesses your phone. Such software can interfere with the procedure in this guide.
- Download the following files to your computer:
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Using ZIP extraction software, extract the *.tar.md5 file contained in the UEBLH2 firmware update package.
- Extract the contents of Odin3_v3.04.zip to your computer.
- Turn off your tablet. Make sure it is not hooked up to your PC.
- Run Odin on your computer by double-clicking Odin3 v3.04.exe.
- Click the PDA button in Odin and load the *.tar.md5 file contained in the UEBLH2 firmware update package that you unzipped.
- Do not change any other setting in Odin. Make sure that the checkbox for “Re-partition” is not ticked.
- Reboot the tablet into Download Mode by holding down the Volume Down and Power buttons until you see the warning screen. Press the Volume Up key to continue to Download Mode.
- Connect the tablet to your PC via USB cable. You should see an “Added!” message on the Odin window.
- Click the Start button in Odin to begin flashing the firmware to your tablet. When installation completes and succeeds, Odin will display a “PASSED” message in one of its boxes. The tablet will also automatically reboot.
- If, on rebooting, the screen gets stuck at the Samsung logo, try resolving it by doing the following:
- Turn off the tablet.
- Boot into Recovery Mode by holding down Power and Volume Up buttons together until the screen turns on. When the Samsung logo appears, let go of the Power button but keep holding down the Volume Up button until the device boots into recovery.
- In Recovery Mode, select Wipe data/Factory reset and select Yes on next screen.
- Select Reboot system now to reboot the tablet
Congratulations! You've successfully reverted your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich build UEBLH2.