AOKP (Android Open Kang Project) ROMs are custom software based on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, packing a pure ICS interface with a few customizations under the hood. The best part is, you don’t have to admire this custom ROM from afar. It’s now available for your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113 and GT-P3110.
XDA Developers senior member nycbjr and a group of other developers have managed to create a ROM which they call the Galaxian-Soup custom ROM, allowing you to enjoy the AOKP build 35 ROM on your Android tablet.
If you want to experience a newer OS on your Android tablet, continue reading the rest of this guide to learn how to flash the Galaxian-Soup ICS custom ROM to your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, model number GT-P3113 and GT-P3110. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. For help, check our guides:
- Download the AOKP b35 Galaxian-soup ICS ROM (aokp-gt3113-b35-gs.zip, 122.25 MB).
- Download the GApps package (Google Apps) for this ROM (gs-gapps-v3.zip, 56.01 MB).
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Charge your tablet’s battery to 60% or more.
- Copy aokp-gt3113-b35-gs.zip and gs-gapps-v3.zip to the root of your tablet’s external SD card.
- Switch off your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3110 or GT-P3113.
- Reboot your tablet into ClockworkMod Recovery. You can do that by pressing and holding the Volume Down key and Power button. When the Samsung logo appears, release the Power button while keeping the Volume Down key pressed until recovery boots.
- NOTE: Once in recovery, use the Volume keys to navigate and the power button to select an option.
- If you want to create a NANdroid Backup, select Backup and Restore and select Backup on the next screen to create a backup of your current ROM.
- Perform a full wipe by doing the following (you can skip this step if you came from a previous version of this ROM):
- Go to the main menu and select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Return to the main menu and select Advanced. From there, select Wipe Dalvik Cache and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select Install ZIP From SD Card. Select Choose ZIP From SD Card and choose aokp-gt3113-b35-gs.zip. Confirm the action on the next screen to begin flashing the ROM to your mobile phone.
- Once done, flash the gs-gapps-v3.zip file in the same manner as in step 6.
- After installation is complete, go back to the main menu and select Reboot System Now to reboot your phone to the new ROM.
Congratulations! You have successfully flashed the Galaxian-Soup custom ROM based on AOKP Build 35, bringing to you a pure ICS experience on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3110 and GT-P3113.