An Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean OTA update has been recently leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, both GT-P5110 and GT-P5113 models, allowing you to try the sleek new Jelly Bean features on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 now. The update package is for build XARCLH of Jelly Bean for the said Galaxy Tabs.
The leaked upgrade, however, requires stock Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware build UEBLH3 firmware, which was also recently officially pushed out to the tablets.
Being leaked firmware, this OTA upgrade carries the usual caveats: it may still have a lot of bugs and issues, it may not work perfectly on your device, and it may even cause your device to malfunction if flashed incorrectly.
This guide shows you how to upgrade the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean build XARCLH (leaked firmware).
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, model number GT-P5113 or GT-P5110. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5113 or GT-P5110 with stock Android 4.0.4 ICS build UEBLH3 firmware
- For pointers, check out our guide for installing the UEBLH3 firmware on the GT-P5110 and the GT-P5113.
- Download the leaked Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware build XARCLH for the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (GT-P5113_P5113XARCLH-OTA-P5113UEBLH3_XAR_280235988.zip, 267.3 MB)
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the Jelly Bean update file to your tablet's external storage or microSD card.
- Turn off the tablet.
- Boot into stock recovery. To do so, hold down Volume Down and Power buttons. Then when the screen turns on, let go of the Power button but keep holding the Volume Down button for a few more seconds to boot into recovery.
- Select Apply update from external storage and select the Jelly Bean OTA update file.
- Select Wipe data/Factory reset and confirm the reset on the next screen.
- The tablet will reboot after the installation. If it doesn't, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now.
Congratulations! You upgraded your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5110 or GT-P5113 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean build XARCLH.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.