It seems like Google's Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich was kicked into the pit of oblivion when Android 4.1 Jelly Bean landed on the circuits of Android smartphones. That's not really the case for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500 users who have not yet received the official Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. It's never too late especially for an official Ice Cream Sandwich update.
Users were craving for Ice Cream Sandwich and now the official update is finally here for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500. It's just a bit late, but it still brings along some goodness that's worth tinkering with, such as improved performance, longer battery life, Face Unlock, and even more.
Want to give it a try? You can manually flash the firmware update for Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich build XWLP6. This particular distribution is for the Poland region (which includes Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom) and reportedly works for tablets from other regions.
This guide shows you how to upgrade the Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7500 to Android 4.0.4 ICS manually (official firmware).
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi+3G variant, model number GT-P7500. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi+3G GT-P7500
- A Windows PC
- Handset USB drivers installed on the PC. You may install the drivers by installing Samsung Kies.
- Enable USB debugging on your tablet.
- Disable antivirus, firewall, and other security software. Also disable Samsung Kies and other software that accesses your phone. Such software can interfere with the procedure in this guide.
- Backup all personal data on your tablet to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Download the following files to your computer:
- Extract the contents of Odin 1.85.zip into a folder on your computer.
- Extract P7500XWLP6_P7500OXXLP5_XEO.zip to get a file with *.tar.md5 extension.
- Turn off your tablet.
- Put your phone into Download Mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Down and Power buttons together until you see a “Warning!” message on the screen. Press the Volume Up button to continue to Download Mode.
- On your computer, open the Odin program by double-clicking Odin3 v1.85.exe.
- In Odin, click on the PDA button and choose the *.tar.md5 file extracted from the firmware ZIP package.
- Connect your tablet to your computer using a USB cable. You'll get an “Added!!” message at the bottom left of Odin's message box, which means that your tablet has been recognized.
- Make sure that “Re-partition” is not selected under Options.
- Go back to Odin on your computer and click the Start button to flash the firmware on your tablet.
- Your tablet should automatically reboot if the installation is successful. You will also get a “PASS” message along with the Samsung logo on your tablet's screen which indicates that you can safely disconnect your tablet from your computer.
- If you get the PASS message but your tablet hangs while rebooting, just do the following steps:
- Boot to Recovery Mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Down and Power buttons until the tablet reboots and release the Power button but keep pressing the Volume Down button until recovery boots.
- From the Recovery menu, select Wipe data/factory reset and select Yes on the next screen.
- Select Reboot system now to reboot the tablet.
Great! You've just installed Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich build XWLP6 on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500.