If your hands are itching to flash a new ROM on your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999, then we have something that you might be interested in. If you're looking for a unique custom ROM, then this is the right ROM to flash on your phone. It's called the WICKED ROM and, as its name suggests, it has a really wicked deviant theme and some fierce features.
The Wicked ROM, deviantly developed by XDA Developers member evil1art, is based on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean. The ROM has been deodexed, zipaligned, and batch optimized. It has boot animation support, as well as OTA support. A variety of tweaks for build.prop, network, data, battery, and volume are packed neatly into the ROM, right along with ad blocking and init.d support. There are a number of other goodies that make the WICKED ROM live up to its name. If you're ready to make your Galaxy S3 a bit more wicked, then flash this ROM.
This guide shows you how to flash WICKED ROM for the Galaxy S3 T999.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with theT-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3, model number SGH-T999. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A rooted T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed
- You can check the following guides for help:
- Download the WICKED JB v2.1 ROM (Wicked_JBv2.1.zip, md5sum: 4c9b15c5483fca89a16dda77adc78839)
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the WICKED ROM to your Galaxy S3′s internal SD card.
- Switch off your phone.
- Reboot the phone into ClockworkMod Recovery by holding down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons together until the screen turns on.
- NOTE: While in recovery, you may use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an item or option.
- Create a NANDroid Backup of your existing ROM. Go to Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition > Yes.
- Select Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache > Yes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP from SD Card > Locate and select the Wicked_JBv2.1.zip file >Yes.
- Select Go Back > Reboot System Now.
- Wait for 5 minutes after the first boot up then reboot your phone again.
Great! You've just installed the Wicked ROM on your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999. Feel free to share some of your thoughts about the ROM by leaving a comment. Enjoy!