The multi-view feature is definitely one of the most interesting features that Samsung Galaxy Note 2 users currently enjoy, and now it's available for the T-Mobile Galaxy S3 along with other exciting features of the Galaxy Note 2 — thanks to the Serenity ROM. Version 1.3 of the ROM is a port based on the official T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 firmware with some customization twists, courtesy of XDA Developers member drewgaren.
The latest version of the ROM is still in its test phase, however the ROM already comes with an updated system base, CSCs, build.prop, and other T-Mobile-specific properties. As always, exercise caution since bugs and issues are expected for test builds. So far, no major bugs have been identified, so the ROM should work well on the T-Mobile Galaxy S3. Give it a flash and check out its features.
This guide shows you how to flash Serenity ROM for the Galaxy S3 T999.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the T-Mobile Galaxy S3, model number SGH-T999. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 model number SGH-T999 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Download the Serenity ROM 1.3 (SERENITY-DG-1.3-TMO-T3.zip, 779 MB).
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Make sure that your phone's battery power is at least 50% to avoid interruption due to power loss that may cause damage to your phone.
- Copy SERENITY-DG-1.3-TMO-T3.zip to your phone's internal SD card.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery by holding down the Volume Up, Power, and the Home buttons until your phone's screen turns on.
- Create a NANDroid Backup. Go to Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition > Yes.
- Select Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache > Yes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card then Choose ZIP from SD card > Locate and select SERENITY-DG-1.3-TMO-T3.zip > Yes.
- Select Advanced > Fix Permissions > Yes.
- Select Go Back > Reboot System Now > Yes.
Nice work! You just flashed Serenity ROM to the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999. Share some of your thoughts in the comments!
Ken is an expert on management and is currently engrossed with his newly started adventure in logistics management. But, that's only his second love. His first love, of course, and without being mushy when this is said, is Android.