With so many great features that developers want to throw into their ROMs, it can be challenging to find something that has a selection of great functions yet doesn't eat too much of your storage space. XDA Developers member ptmr3 definitely had these in mind when the developer created the Jedi Invasion 2 ROM. Though some developers try to stick to stock ROM experience, ptmr3 crammed as many great features into this ROM as possible while getting rid of unnecessary things.
The Jedi Invasion 2 ROM is rooted, deodexed, zipaligned, and is slim at less than 500 MB. To help preserve your battery life when your screen is off, ptmr3 has thrown in CPU Sleeper. You can enjoy awesome multimedia consumption thanks to the Sony Bravia Engine, Awesome BEATS, WALKMAN music, and a Higher Volume mod. There are also 15 toggles for you to use, a 5×5 launcher, network speed and performance tweaks, as well as RAM management tweaks. If you want to customize your Jedi Invasion 2 experience, you can download add-ons of your choice from the developer's goody bag.
This guide shows you how to flash Jedi Invasion ROM for the Galaxy S3 T999.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3, model number SGH-T999. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed
- Download the following to your computer:
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the Jedi Invasion 2 ROM (and your desired add-ons) to your Galaxy S3′s internal SD card.
- Turn off your Galaxy S3.
- Boot into Recovery Mode by holding down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons together.
- Make a NANDroid Backup by selecting Backup and Restore and select Backup.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset. Confirm on the next screen.
- Select Mounts and Storage and select Format /system. Confirm on the next screen.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD card and select the Jedi Invasion 3 ROM.
- Select Wipe cache partition > Yes.
- Select Advanced > Wipe Dalvik cache > Yes.
- Select Fix Permissions.
- Select Go back and select Reboot system now.
- Do not touch the phone for at least 10 minutes.
- Turn off your Galaxy S3 again and boot into Recovery Mode as in step 3.
- Flash the add-ons you downloaded, as in steps 7 and 8.
- Reboot your phone.
Enjoy the Jedi Invasion 2 ROM on your T-Mobile Galaxy S3 T999, and may the light side of the Android force be with you!