Want to try the latest Jelly Bean for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 with a little extra? Try the BlackJelly custom ROM. It is based the latest leaked software version UVDLI8 of Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean for the T-Mobile Galaxy S3.
Built by XDA Developers member graffixnyc, BlackJelly comes with a few improvements intended to make the phone run more smoothly. The ROM is rooted, deodexed, and debloated. It also includes an extended power menu, Nova Launcher, black or blue theme, AOSP sound sets, 15 custom toggles, and stock AOSP keyboard.
There are issues such as screen flickering. You can try disabling HW overlays by going to Settings > Developer Options to fix it. Other issues are to be expected as this is based on leaked software, and therefore, won't be 100% stable.
This guide shows you how to flash BlackJelly ROM for the Galaxy S3 T999.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3, model number SGH-T999. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Download the BlackJelly ROM (BlackJellyv0.7_LIF_tmo.zip, md5sum: 7bbcd73b7032d335473db14182c0e58a)
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the BlackJelly ROM to your phone's internal SD card.
- Turn off the phone.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do so, press and hold down Volume Up, Home, and Power together until recovery boots.
- Create a NANDroid backup of your existing ROM. To do so, select Backup and Restore. On the next screen, select Backup again.
- Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Wipe cache partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go to the main menu and select Advanced. From there, select Wipe Dalvik cache and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card > Choose ZIP from SD card. Select the BlackJelly ROM ZIP file and confirm that you want to install it.
- Select Reboot system now to restart your phone into the new ROM.
Awesome! You've just installed BlackJelly ROM on your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.