One of the main requirements in order to program a CDMA phone is knowing the Master Subsidy Lock code (MSL number). This code is useful, most especially when you are trying to program a mobile telephone number. If you're one of the many users who still can’t find out where the MSL number is located on your Sprint Galaxy S3 SPH-L710, then we’ve got some good news for you.
Owners of non-rooted Sprint Galaxy S3 phones can easily get their MSL number just by using an application known as Get My MSL. You can grab your copy by heading to the Google Play Store. But, for those who have rooted devices, the Get My MSL application will definitely not work. However, you can still acquire your MSL number by using the manual method. Check out our guide below for the full details,
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3, model number SPH-L710. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Rooted Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Terminal Emulator installed on your phone. You can get your copy by downloading it from the Google Play Store.
- Download the MSL finder file (Sprint_MSL_Finder_v1.1.zip, 494 kB)
- Copy the Sprint_MSL_Finder_v1.1.zipfile to your phone's SD card.
- Switch off your phone.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. You can do this by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons together until your phone screen turns on. Use the Volume buttons to navigate and the Power button to select once inside recovery.
- Select Install ZIP From SD Card.
- Select Choose ZIP From SD Card then browse for the downloaded ZIP file and select it. Confirm the installation process by selecting Yeson the screen that follows.
- After the installation process is finished, head back to the main menu.
- Select Reboot System Now to reboot your phone.
- When your phone is fully booted-up, open the Terminal Emulator app.
- Enter the following code and press enter.
- A pop-up menu will be displayed. Press Allow/Grant to give root privileges to the Terminal Emulator application.
- Then enter this command to view your MSL number. Write down the MSL code on a piece of paper and save it for future use.
- Exit Terminal Emulator.
Congratulations! You have successfully obtained the MSL number of your Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 (Sprint).
Paul and I.T. are synonyms. If you need help with I.T.-related stuff, call on Paul. His experience with Android phones goes way back to the ancient single-core-phone days. But, he keeps himself up to date, so now he has a dual-core beast in his pocket, and is looking forward to getting his first quad-core monster, and when it comes, his first eight-core phone. Perhaps he should be called Mr. X-Core, where "X" equals the number of CPU cores.