Another Jelly Bean-based custom ROM has come out into the open for the T-Mobile Galaxy S3 SGH-T999. This is one thing owners of the phone should be happy about because they have more custom ROMs to choose from.
The Jellybro custom ROM is comparable to a CyanogenMod 10 (CM10) nightly build because this ROM has features cherry-picked from CyanogenMod sources.
Keep in mind that this ROM is still undergoing further development, so it may have several bugs and issues with it. Not all customizations you can find in CM10 are present in this ROM but if you want to give this ROM a try, just follow the requirements and instructions below.
In this guide, learn how to upgrade the Galaxy S3 T999 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via Jellybro custom ROM.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3, model number SGH-T999. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. For help with installing CWM on your phone, check our guide on how to flash ClockworkMod Recovery to the Samsung Galaxy S3 (T-Mobile).
- Download the following:
- See to it that your phone's battery is charged to 75% or more to avoid interruptions during the process.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the Jellybro ROM and the GApps (Google Apps) package to your phone's internal SD card.
- Switch your phone off.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, press and hold the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons together until recovery boots.
- Make a NANDroid backup of your existing ROM. To create a backup, go to Backup and Restore and select Backup.
- Select Wipe data/factory Reset and confirm the action on the next screen. Wait until the process is done.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card. Select Choose ZIP from SD card and navigate to the Jellybro ROM ZIP file and select it. Confirm the action on the next screen to start installing the ROM to your phone.
- Once installation of the ROM is done, install the GApps package in the same manner as in step 6.
- After installation, select Go back and select Reboot system now. This will reboot your phone to the newly installed ROM.
- NOTE: During the first boot, the phone may reboot a few times before fully booting up. If your phone doesn't fully boot after 15 minutes, remove the phone's battery, re-insert it, do steps 3 and 5, and reboot your phone again.
Awesome! You have successfully installed the Jelly Bean-based Jellybro custom ROM. Having some features of CM10, how do you like this ROM so far? Let us know what you think through commenting below.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.